Sunday, February 22, 2015

Still Loves his mission!!

Elder Barlow is so happy serving where he is right now. We love hearing how happy he is. I sent he and his companion, and the other 2 Elders that share his apartment matching Valentine's Ties. So they sent this cute Picture to me!


Here is Elder Barlow's e-mail from Monday February 16th.

 This week has been soooo good! It has been so busy, but it has been one of the greatest weeks i have had on my mission!

My family is doing great as ever! I got a little Valentines package from them and in it was 4 matching ties for me Elder Weiss, Elder Parrish, and Elder Griffin! We were so happy! it was a great little present, and they also sent us a few treats, so that is always good! My family told me that it has been very warm lately up in Cache Valley. I am sure my family is just loving the warm weather!

The area is booming with Success! Just like how i said this week was one of the greatest weeks yet of my mission! Elder Weiss and i were able to have 5 Investigators at church yesterday! The Mesa Family came and then also one of our new investigators Miriam with her two kids! They all loved it! We sang the song " If the Savior Stood Beside Me " for choir in sacrament meeting, and after when i was asking Miriam how she liked the Meeting, she told me that right when we started singing that song, she felt something in her heart!! that was so Awesome to hear! 
With the Mesa Family they were able to go to the Baptism that was on Friday and they also loved that as well. but right after sacrament meeting we dropped Miriam off in gospel Principals with the other missionaries and we had a little meeting with Obispo Quezada so we could talk to the Mesa's about getting married! And they both Accepted to get Married and Baptized! They  have been looking for a church where they can raise their little family in Unity and now from coming to church these past several weeks i think they are starting to find it!
Also Ruben Santana Our Recent Convert Received  the Priesthood! It has been so cool to see him start coming to church in his nice little suits and white shirts!

That is such testimony builder to me to see him growing in this gospel! Ruben has lots of struggles in his life but he just keeps putting his trust in the lord! and just keeps plugging along! He has become a great friend of mine! and he is an example to me! this whole ward is just doing so great!! I have seen so much success in the district these past few weeks and it is just helping me a lot. the work here is so great! The testimony of the members along side with ours is just something indescribably Awesome! I love it!

Elder Weiss is so great! I love him to Pieces! We were able to find some new investigators just by having some of the youth in our area come out with us and take us to go see their friends! And Elder Weiss not even knowing these people before we talk with them has an instant love for them, their dog and cat, and anything else he can see! He is reading the book of Mormon in Spanish like champ! We read it together and it is such spiritual time for both of us! All in all he is just a fantastic companion!

We were able to go help out food share again this week at the Salvation Army with the Senior Share, we met a new site coordinator named Jessica and she had a lot of awesome questions about the missionaries! So it was nice to have a little conversation with her about the church and what missionaries do!

i am glad you all had a happy valentines day! we got the package and it was soooooo great!! WHOOO we all loved it! we are always so blessed!
I love you all!
Los quiero mucho!

ELDER AUSTIN NAUTO O'NEIL BARLOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment